We all work very hard for the money we earn, and sometimes we need to spend a little extra on a luxurious treat to make it all worthwhile. The good news is, there are ways to enjoy an extra special treat without spending extra money, and that’s like getting an unexpected bonus in your paycheck! Here are a few tips from the Business Insider to help you enjoy a little something special and keep your hard-earned dollars in your pocket at the same time.
1. Can’t afford an expensive mattress? To sleep more comfortably at a fraction of the cost, pick up a memory foam mattress topper for your bed, and enjoy a little sleep time luxury.
2. Spending too much money on fancy coffee? Brewing your cup of morning java in a French press is simple, fast, and results in a richer flavor than traditionally brewed coffee, and you don’t have to stand in line.
3. Why pay over $100 a month for movies, TV shows and specials when you can save big on subscription services like Netflix, Spotify Premium, and Hulu? Add a little microwaved popcorn, dim the lights, and turn your living room into a movie theater for less than $15 a month.
4. Enjoy your shower more with a detachable shower head that features massage settings. You don’t have to spend over $50 to get a good massage. Start your day off right, or get ready for a good night’s sleep by taking advantage of a warm, relaxing liquid massage in the privacy of your own home.
5. Do you have big, fluffy beach towels you only break out during the summer to use at the pool or a day at the beach? Why not use these oversized beauties as your everyday bath towels? Wrap yourself in a plush towel and drying off after your shower massage will feel like a luxurious experience.
6. At least once a week, opt for a soak in the tub before bed instead of a morning shower. Add scented bath salts to the water, light a candle or two, and put on your favorite relaxation music. Then sit back, relax, and enjoy some “me time”.
7. Install a dimmer switch in your bathroom and create a spa-like atmosphere that will make you feel like you should be paying someone to spend time relaxing…but you won’t have to spend a dime! As an added bonus, you can turn the lights down at night so you won’t be blinded on any nocturnal trips to the bathroom.
8. Look for a sale on some high thread count, natural fiber sheets and pump up the luxury quotient of your bed. Since we spend a third of our lives sleeping, this is one way to get the most out of those much-needed hours of slumber and wake up feeling refreshed.
9. If you have a place in your back yard for a hammock, it can be a wonderful way to relax on a warm summer evening. Download some beach sounds on your phone, and you’ll think you’re relaxing by the seashore.
10. A little bit of premium label ice cream can be an extremely indulgent experience, and the money spent on a pint can bring you as much pleasure as spending less on a gallon of the cheap stuff. Add some decadent toppings, nestle down in your favorite chair (or that hammock in the back yard) and splurge!
Treat yourself! You not only deserve it, you can do it without feeling guilty when you take advantage of these money-saving tips. So go ahead, treat yourself and live in the lap of luxury for a few minutes. You won’t regret it.