How to Take Advantage of Free Stuff
by CashTime Loan Centers
They say the best things in life are free, which is why all sorts of companies offer free stuff to promote their products. You don’t have to be an Instagram influencer to take advantage of giveaway sites. Every day, companies are promoting new products or services with free offers, and you can become a part of it!
Here’s what you can do
- Rewards Programs: Many grocery store chains have loyalty programs which get you money off at the pump at their gas stations, free merchandise, or extremely discounted digital coupons. Credit cards also have rewards programs that allow you to build points to either apply later as a cash reward to your account, or which allow you discounted prices for flights, hotels, or other merch!
- Rebates: Keep an eye out for coupons for new businesses opening in your area. One of the biggest perks a new restaurant may offer no charge on deliveries!
- Use your free trials: Whether it is online radio, movies, or other services, if you are a new customer, many of these services offer a one month free trial.
Reuse, repair, recycling!
- Thrift Shopping: Check out your local thrift store. You’ll find many items that have been gently used, need just a touch up, or even something new with tags. Keep an eye on sale days, since some items have even more savings depending on which day of the week it is.
- Private sellers: Over time we all build up a large accumulation of stuff, and over time we don’t mind parting ways with these things so we can get more stuff. Private sellers offer a unique opportunity to unload their belongings at a price (or no price at all!) that is a lot less than paying retail. Here are some options to explore!
- Facebook Marketplace
- Let Go
Are you not entertained?
- Entertainment: As mentioned above, online services such as Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime have affordable streaming services for movies and books. Audible even has some sweet deals on audiobooks, so if you want to “read” while stuck in traffic every day, check them out
- Educational Resources: Sites such as Culture Trip or Airbnb have created aps which allow you to explore an area by region. Many of these “free” experiences are promotional, hoping to build a customer base, so why not take advantage of the experience and learn something new?
- Birthday Perks: It’s your birthday! Be sure to sign up for birthday perks for anyplace that offers them, from your favorite noodle restaurant to the coffee shop you get your double caramel macchiato at on your daily drive to work.
Many resources are available to help you save money. You just need to keep your eyes and mind open for new opportunities. Check out some more ideas with Cash Time to see how you can save even more!